VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 10:23:31 -0500
Hi.  Regarding Windows tutorials, I highly recommend Christa Earl's
"Speaking of" series.  If I have misspelled her name, then I apologize.
She has produced some wonderful tutorials: Windows 95, the Internet,
Microsoft Word, etc.  I admit that by the time I purchased them I was
already comfortable with Windows, and so I can't comment on them from the
perspective of a new Windows user, but I think they'll be fine for most
people.  They're in the $75 range but are worth it.  They usually are in
six tapes, not four-track, which is nice since I can pop them into my
stereo tape player.  She is relaxed but yet has a playful side to her so
that you'll learn what she's telling you without, hopefully, feeling stress
or pressure.  GW Micro, producer of the Window-eyes screen reader, sells
them, and I know other vendors offer them as well.
At 03:00 PM 1/8/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Well, in a couple of weeks or so, I'll be biting the bullet and needing to
>learn Windows.Has anybody used any windows tutorials they like? I have
>used cassette tutorials in the past and have liked them since you can sit
>at the computer and do what it directs.
>

>VICUG-L is the Visually Impaired Computer User Group List.
>To join or leave the list, send a message to
>[log in to unmask]  In the body of the message, simply type
>"subscribe vicug-l" or "unsubscribe vicug-l" without the quotations.
> VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html

      Godspeed
     David Goldfield