VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 05:11:59 -0800
When I am using Firefox, one of two things happens with PDFs:

1. I get the Save/Open dialog when I press enter on a PDF link. If focus
doesn't go to this dialog automatically, I press F6 to get there.
Pressing enter on Open usually launches Adobe Reader.

2. I am able to read the PDF in Firefox when I press enter on a PDF
link. I'm not sure why this happens as opposed to launching Adobe. I
just tried with a couple of files, and they all opened with Adobe.
anyway, when I am able to read the files in Firefox, They take a few
seconds to load. One or two pages only takes a second or two, but as
files get longer, the loading time does too. There are some buttons near
the top of the page as I arrow down with the screen reader. They're
things like Download and Zoom. Arrowing past them takes me to the
document, but again, if it hasn't finished loading, I just find the
buttons or only a line or two of text. I think the easiest way to read
is with the say-all command. Pressing enter on Download does
download/save the file to my computer, but I think I need to wait for
the file to finish loading.

Both Jaws and NVDA work with either method. I remember using both
methods in Windows 7, but that was a couple of years ago.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]