VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:51:11 -0400
Hi VICUG members,
In the last few months, I have noticed a pattern occurring that
perhaps someone can advise me on how to correct. It recently occurred
for my son who is sighted, when using my wife's computer for job
applications.
We changed internet service providers in April from Comcast to AT&T.
Since doing that, if I clear the history, do some type of clean-up, my
homepage reverts to Yahoo. Then, when using Firefox I might be asked
what search engine I want to use even though my home page is currently
lycos.
I used google formerly as home page, but ran into incompatibility
issues when using mobile facebook.com. I think lycos is one of those
search engines that uses other search engines when putting in a search
topic. Or, it appears to be that way.  If I have not said so, lycos is
my home page.

How can I permanently make google or whoever I want to be the search
engine of choice, and not have it revert to Yahoo?
Thanks for the help folks!

--
David Russell
"Shirat Ha'azinu, give ear.