VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:21:55 -0500
Good morning list:

I have two simple questions which I hope you can either answer or direct me
to where I can get an answer.

First, when I am surfing the net, generally searching for something, I
frequently come across the word cached  What does this mean?  Also, when
bookmarking sites i am given the option to view pages offline.  What is the
advantage to this, besides of course relinquishing the telephone line.  My
browser generally connects as soon as i enter the program so I'm not sure
how this would work.

Now, my MS Word question.  I am using Word 2000 and am trying to align text
to the left margin, then leave a space on the same line, then align text to
the right margin.  However, when I do the control R keystroke and type in my
text to be aligned to the right, the whole text, including that aligned to
the left margin moves also.  Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I look forward to any responses on these matters.

Best regards,

DOREEN YALE
Just north of Toronto
Canada.