VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:46:35 -0700
Harry,

If you use Chrome, you don't really need first letter navigation to find
and jump to your favorites. You can either start typing till Chrome
autocompletes or type a couple of letters, then down-arrow to your choice.

1. You can type the first few letters of the website name in the
omnibar, and Chrome fills in the rest for you. For example, when I type
"NLS," Chrome completes "NLS BARD," so I can press enter as soon as the
screen reader announces the additional text.

2. If you have more than one website with the same first few letters,
type the first few letters, then down-arrow to the favorite you want.
For instance, when I type "bl," Chrome auto-completes "Blackboard,"
which is a learning management system. If I down-arrow once from that, I
find "Blind Bargains," etc. I press enter when I hear the item I want.

Hope this helps.

Ciao