VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:12:57 -0400
Jaws for dos is free now, in common domain.  Q- modem as a connection system, and Bluewave as a E-mail readers or Nettammer .  There was also something called Tiny talk, which was something of a screen reader.

Linux doesn't seem to be an answer; I've tried to find cheap stuff for the blind, So now I think  that the old stuff that the blind first used is the way to go, meaning DOS;  for cheap old machines, and programs that are in common domain, meaning the owners quit caring about selling, OR AND giving any technical help.

You've got to find  people old enough to know their first systems, yet young enough to  remember,    The people on this list are mostly professionals, using the latest stuff for business.