VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:18:36 -0500
For those using both programs.

Steve

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:14:06 -0500
From: Aaron Smith <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Window-Eyes Professional and ZoomText

The following information involves the co-existence of Window-Eyes
Professional and ZoomText 7.10.

Information from our in house testing reveals that problems will occur with
the Window-Eyes OSM if Window-Eyes is installed before ZoomText. This
actually makes sense because ZoomText is manipulating the video driver
information before passing it on to what ever application is installed
after them (in this case, Window-Eyes). If these applications are installed
in the reverse order (ZoomText first, Window-Eyes second), then both
applications should work correctly. This also make sense because
Window-Eyes will process the video driver information first, and then send
it along un-affected to the next application in line.

Our testing was done with Window-Eyes 4.2 Professional, ZoomText 7.10, and
Windows XP. We have not experienced any blow ups, or errors when the
applications are installed in the correct order. At this point, if people
are having problems, they need to make sure that Window-Eyes was installed
after ZoomText (and this needs to be ZoomText 7.10 or greater). If they've
got things the other way around, then they need to uninstall both (in the
reverse order that they were installed), and re-install in the correct
order: ZT first, WE second. If they do have things installed correctly, and
they're still having problems, then we need specifics: i.e. zoom level, ZT
version, application name and version, Windows version, WE version,
keystrokes, etc., etc., etc. Send this information to [log in to unmask],
and we will attempt to duplicate the problem.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

--
Aaron Smith
GW Micro

gw-news list which is an announce only list used for news,
product information and the Voice of Vision newsletter
distribution.