VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Norwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:39:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/98, 10:46:09 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
<<I have windows 95 and magic enhancement program, I have quite a bit of low
vision and magic magnification of plus four is too much I learned how to
enlarge the icons in my windows operating system but wish to enlarge fonts for
other programs and email in particular. I am a new computer user so please
speak in the simplest terms . anyone with ideas please respond>>

Hi,
I've never used "magic enhancement".  Does it have a magnification of anything
less than 4x?  I use 2x magnification thru ZoomText and it works fine for me.
As far as enlarging fonts for other programs - it depends on the individual
program.  For email on AOL:  go to member preferences, then general
preferences.  One of the options is to display text in small, medium, or
large.  The large might help a little bit.  Another solution (quite pricey one
though) is to go with a larger moniter. A 21 inch moniter makes things much
easier to see.  I hope this helps!

Sandy