VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:01:51 -0400
Hello Clark and other interested folks:

What you are asking for is called a white list or friends list. As your
messages arrive they will be checked with the friends list and if not on the
list end up in your deleted items folder. In Outlook Express you can set up
rules to recognize a person's email address as it comes in. alt m and then e
to select the create rule Then you can select an action such as delete the
message from the server so you want download it to your computer. (This is
just one action of 12 you can take on this message.

The problem is you need to know the person's address in order to write the
rule.  This is one reason why rules that recognize addresses for spammers
want work. The spammers keep changing their darn addresses.

You may need to use an email client with a friends list built in.

I am using a program called Mail Washer that sets up a friends list from my
contacts and also has a black list that I can add to. It does an excellent
job of recognizing the trash.

You can read more about it at

www.mailwasher.net

Yes it is a free program but you can go pro at anytime.

Hay folks, what other programs are you using to keep the spammers out of
your inbox? Or have you just given up?