VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cornell Ligon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cornell Ligon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2013 03:40:01 -0400
    I've had excellent interviews in a similar situation, working with those
with behavioral and developmental concerns.

I now work over a telephone manning a crisis hotline and tend to employ the
safety procedures and protocols all other staff employ who works in
face-to-face situations.

BVR/BSVI therapist are norman humans who also tend to see the visually and
other impaired as obstacles to overcome, as to the value one he or she can
provide in making a wonderful employee.

Most tend to forget, or not realize, of the 30% of blind workers in the US,
they have a tendency to make for loywal employees, ability to read 4-6 times
faster than a sighted worker, multiple methods of accomplishing things and
overcomeing obstacles by employing different strategies, better overall
attendance  and most often more valuable than a sighted/non- challenged
worker.

just my thoughts...

Cornell