VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 10:22:55 +1000
Hi,

You have a valid point, especially if one is using Windows.

I have the best success with PDFs using iOS (both iPhone and iPad).

The real problem is that publishers prefer PDF for many visual and security reasons. Unfortunately, this means we are stuck with PDFs no matter how we feel about them, at least for the short-term future.

In order to address this, the blind will need to prove that a chosen format will provide the visual security features which PDF provides.

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Mobile: +61 488 988 936