VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2020 17:02:24 -0700
Are you having trouble creating a shortcut of a Windows 10 desktop app,
or are you trying to get the app to open on the Play tab?

If the latter, I'm no help.

If the former, try the following to create a desktop icon:

1. Locate the app, but do not open it. In most cases, you can use the
Cortana box.

2. When you're on the app icon, press the Applications key; then
navigate to and press enter on "Open File Location."

3. Press the Applications key again; navigate to the Send To submenu,
right-arrow once, then down-arrow and press enter on "Desktop, Create
Shortcut."

The app icon is now on your desktop. You can edit the file name or
assign a hotkey by pressing alt+tab on it.