VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steven Whatley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Whatley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:39:35 +0600
Hi all,

I'm curious, how many folks here use a Matrox video card in their
computer?  I don't work for Matrox nor am I trying to sell antything.  I
have a Matrox G100 in my system here at work.  I started using the Matrox
PowerDesk feature called PixelTOUCH (desktop zooming).  It enlarges the
desktop by using 2x2 or 4x4 pixels.  I beleive the zooming is done in
hardware.  So when I move the cursor pointer to the edge of the zoomed
area, the dsktop smoothly scrolls in that direction.

I liked this feature so much that I got a Matrox G450 for my home system.
I tried to find 3rd party software which would emulate the PixelTOUCH
feature with my TNT based video card (Diamond Viper 550).  But, I couldn't
find such a virtual desktop program.  I tried a bunch of programs.

I've emailed Matrox saying that some how, they may want to mention their
cards can help visually impaired folks.  The reply I got stated that they
have received several similar suggestions and are looking into it.  But
nine months later, I have yet to see any such references on their site.
It is a shame too.  If believe a lot of folks can be helped by this
feature.  Well, enough rambling for now.

Thanks,
Steven