VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:46:16 +1300
Harry,

How does this rant apply to what I wrote?

If sighted people do not purchase the few talking products that are released into the general market, that is their choice as consumers. If you, as a consumer, wish to purchase one of these talking products during its limited lifespan, that is your choice as a consumer.

If you wish for talking products that other consumers will not buy, you can have those products designed and built for you if you can afford it. At no point in any of this is there any talk about threats or killing people sa"e for in your fantasies.

Finally, if you wish for fully accessible products for the blind, there are a few companies which make these products. Because the market is so small, the products are quite expensive. Perhaps because government purchases most of these products, they are even more expensive. I have seen posts from former employees of some companies which suggest this. As my late father used to say, "What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone