VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff Kennyon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2020 18:38:02 -0400
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good Wednesday.  I have been trying to follow up with the New York State Department of Labor with regard to a UI claim I made back in March when I had been layed off.  I understand that New York as well as the rest of the country may be far behind with claims because of Covid-19 and all.  However, I did manage to talk to someone at the contact center on June 19, and she said my claim was being reviewed that day, and since then I have been able to claim weekly on the phone, but haven’t received any updates.  Since I have not had any luck on the phone I tried to send them a message via the web and the page is a nightmare!  When it comes to selecting subjects JAWS doesn’t seem to know that there is even a form and dropdown there, and after talking to someone who helps out with the site itself I resolved to create my message in Word, and then paste over on the form.  When I clicked send there was no error message, but the subject and original message form were still there, so I have no idea if it was sent or not.  Are other people having any luck with the department of labor’s page for the state of New York?  I was able to set up my direct deposit information with no problem and have read messages after some fighting but haven’t been able to do much else.

Sent from my iPhone

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]