VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 13:32:59 -0400
I honestly don’t know how useful this particular add-on might prove for
people but I wanted to pass it along.  An add-on that just got released
today allows you to type in Braille using your standard computer
keyboard.  The S, D and F keys are used for dots 3, 2 and 1 where J, K
and L are used for dots 4, 5 and 6.  This add-on is listed as being
under development so it may not be ready for prime-time.  It also may
not be as enjoyable to use as you might like as NVDA doesn’t yet support
input of Grade 2 Braille.  I predict this will be added in a future
release and so the add-on has a lot of potential.  The URL to get it is
http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html

--
David Goldfield,

      Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.davidgoldfield.info/

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]