VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2015 20:20:52 -0800
Diane,

I don't know if this answers your question. If you already know, I
apologize. I'm mentioning it because it took me a while to figure this out.

In Windows 10, you need to go into the Default Apps screen to tell
Windows which app to use for a particular thing, as in your iTunes
situation. You can tap the Start button and type "default apps" to find
that settings item. The screen lists functions and apps. For example, it
may say, "Internet" and follow that up by the name of an app, like
Microsoft Edge. Press enter on the name of the app to get a list of
apps. Then press enter on the name of the app you want to use. There may
also be a confirmation screen.

The chime you hear when you put in a CD may indicate that this screen is
coming up. My experience is that it takes a few seconds to come up, so I
didn't realize this was happening until I'd had my Windows 10 for a
couple of months.

About AutoPlay, I don't use it. The dialog has lots of options. Maybe
it's one of those cases of needing to press OK twice for things to work.

Not much help.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]