VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:02:49 -0800
Hi All,

I just noticed that Audible has a stripped down version of its site for
screen reader users. The address is

www.audible.com/access

I was afraid it would be too stripped down, but it has links for
shopping cart, wish list, library, signing in and out, book categories,
and things like new releases and coming soon. It's missing extras like
the handful of books being promoted and your search history, which are
nice but not vital.

I'm assuming it's a work in progress because, when I ran a search or
activated a link, the new page was part of the standard Audible site.

Oddly, I never thought I would want a more accessible Audible because
the regular version, though cluttered, has helpful headings and
graphics, which make working with it easy. My only complaints with the
regular site are that it's extremely slow with a screen reader and that
the browser, especially Firefox, tends to crash. The stripped down site,
such as it is, is so responsive, however, that I'm hoping the Audible
web team keeps working on it so that links and searches open equally
stripped down pages.

Just spreading the word.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at