VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jonathon Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2015 09:59:12 -0800
Hi,

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum and that I prefer using Gmail on the web. It is simple and has worked for me since 2005 with a screen reader. You need to make sure that basic HTML is your default view. You can do this by choosing Basic HTML as soon as you login and then after that to set as default view. After that, everything should work fine. I haven't had any problems checking email with it, like I said. A few tricks and tips are, ask for checkboxes to get to the Messages quickly.  The B, for buttons   to get to delete, archive, etc. once in an email, go to the bottom of the page with control plus end, then use shift H to go to the last heading on the page. The next thing I do is, press and for nonlink text and usually, that takes me to the body of the message.

Jon