VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 23:25:48 -0500
Wife 1.0 Just Released!

Wife 1.0 Just Released

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the
new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of new
space
and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the
product brochure.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches
during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity.
Applications
such as Poker Night 10.3, Drunken Boys Night 2.5 and Saturday Football 5.0
no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected.

I cannot seem to keep wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run
some of my other favorite applications. I am thinking about going back to
Girlfriend
7.0, but the uninstall does not work on this program.

Can you please help me !!!???

Thanks,
A TROUBLED USER

Dear TROUBLED USER,

This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to a
primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0
with
the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife
1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by it's creator to run everything.

It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to
Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating files within your system would cause
Girlfriend
7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained. It is impossible to uninstall,
delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You
cannot

Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more
problems than the original system. Look in your manual under "Warnings-
Alimony/Child
support". I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and deal with the situation.

I suggest installing background application program C:\YES DEAR to alleviate
software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I might also
suggest
you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs). You
must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that might occur,
regardless
of their cause. The best course of action will be to enter the command
C:\APOLOGIZE. In any case avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because
ultimately
you may have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system will
return to normal. The system will run smoothly as long as you take the blame
for all the GPFs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high-maintenance. Consider buying
additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I recommend
Flowers
3.1 and Diamonds 2K. Do not, under any circumstances install Secretary with
Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is
likely
to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of Luck,
Tech Support

Click here to send this page to some friends!

Back to
Net Laughter
Kevin Lofton

* quotes.                                                  *