VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 06:00:18 -0400
posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad

Yes, costs are impportant when dealing with technology, web space, etc.

Another comment on that article is this,
It sounded upon reading as if a person really Needed a braille display to be
functional in the workplace and that would certainly increase the cost of
accommodation for blind employees.  Those costs Were mentioned and I'm
afraid it will scare potential employers away and make some blind folks feel
less able to function without the technoloty mentioned.

Should I add that I'm a Jaws user functioning in my workplaces quite well
without a Braille display?  Should I also mention that I don't have the
bucks to buy a Braille display even though I'd like one?

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected  with high-speed
Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers.
https://broadband.msn.com