VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2018 17:09:41 +0000
Duane,

If you upgrade to Windows 10 you will need to upgrade to JAWS 2019 which has the additional support for the current environment. JAWS 2019 wil soon have a subscription model that is only $93a year, a more affordable option for those with older versions of JAWS. I don't know what browser you are currently using, but if it is Internet Explorer, you are already not able to access as much web content as you can with Fire Fox and Chrome. I use both Fire Fox and Chrome all the time. Both receive continual updates and can present accessibility issues at different times. I have not played with Edge in a while, but what I have read is that it is getting better, just not as accessible as Chrome and Fire Fox. As you upgrade to Windows 10 and start using Fire Fox and Chrome the JAWS 2019 will make your transition easier. Meanwhile, you can upgrade to Windows 10 and the latest NVDA and see how that goes for you. Narrator has some significant updates in the latest Windows 10 that was just released this week. You can listen to a presentation on that on Main Menu through

www.acbradio.org

Best,

Terri