VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:39:53 -0700
Sherry,

I'm using Jaws 15 on Windows 8.1, and I also notice that Jaws goes
through phases where it doesn't automatically tell me that I'm on item 1
of 20 while in a file folder. I also notice that Jaws sometimes gives me
an inaccurate number of items. For example, the Documents folder has
over a hundred items, but Jaws may say, "Item 12 of 47."

If Jaws isn't automatically telling me what item I'm on, I use the say
line command (ins+up-arrow). Most of the time, Jaws gives me a lot of
information, like the last save date, the file size and the fact that
this is item 39 of 115. If this doesn't work, sometimes restarting Jaws
helps, and other times, restarting the computer does it. Occasionally,
Jaws just refuses to cooperate.

If Jaws is giving me an inaccurate item count, the same solutions apply:
restarting Jaws, restarting the computer, or waiting out Jaws' mood swing.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]