VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:48:58 -0500
The below is provided as my wish for all to have a good holiday season!

Fine tater!

Mother Potato and her three daughters were sitting at the dinner table
when
the oldest daughter declaired that she had an announcement to make.

"What is it?" asked her mother.

I'm getting married!" The daughter said.

"married! That's wonderful!" says her mother.  And tell us daughter, to
whom are you being married?"

"Why, I'm marrying Idaho." says the daughter.

"Oh! exclaimed her mother, Idaho?! a fine tater! a fine tater indeed!".

After a while of merriment and toasts to the news and the coming event
and making plans over the continuing dinner, the middle daughter sort of
smiled and said, "I have an announcement to make too."

"And tell us what that might be?" said her mother.

"I'm getting Married as well." the middle daughter spoke softly.

"oh!  That is wonderful news, two daughters getting married" says her
mother "and Tell us daughter? Who are you marrying?"

I'm marrying Russette" The daughter proclaimed" bearly able to keep her
excitement under controll.

"Why, That's wonder ful news! Russet is a fine tater! a fine tater
indeed!" her mother said with vigor.

After The dinner commenced for a while, the mother noticed that her
youngest daughter was a bit subdued and turned to her enquiringly.

In a low voice with a sheepish look on her face, she said, "I too am
getting married."

"Oh!" cried her mother.  All three of my daughters getting married at
once!  This is indeed good news.  Tell us youngest daughter, Whom are
you planning to marry?

"I'm marrying Dan rather Said her youngest daughter in that continuing
low soft voice".

"Oh." said her mother.  "He's just a common tater."

It's important to read all the punctuation and spelling in this missive.
I do not know to whom to attribute this which I have transcribed from
the
verbal with my own hands.