VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:32:24 -0400
Hi all,
Well, here's the latest.
I have a client who has jaws for windows 4.50 on a windows 2000 pro machine.
Thanks for those of you who have given me suggestions, I deeply appreciate it!
Here's the latest.
When I'm on the desktop, I pressed insert6 and it comes up and says "shell32 jcf jaws configuration manager."
Here's the thing.  I couldn't find shell32 in the programs list, nor the programs files folder, nor the add/remove programs list.  So, I did a search for shell32 and found 17 files containing shell32, and here's the list of files I found, below.
shell32jbs
shell32jcf
shell32jdf
shell32jfd
shell32jff
shell32jgf
shell32jcf
shell32jmf
shell32dll
So, there's the list folks.  So, which one of those do I delete if any of them, or, should I delete them all?  We all know that .dll files should not be deleted, (at least that's what I have heard from tech geeks, and I did it 1 time and I screwed up my own computer, 3 years ago), because .dll (also called dill files), if deleted, can screw up your computer.
So, what should I do folks?
Would you delete all 17 files?
Also, when I was in his folder, trying to read the entire file name of files (and it only reads some of each filename), it still didn't read them, so, I did an insert f10 to open the window list, and there are only 2 windows open, his folder, and the desktop.
So folks, someone give me step by step instructions here so I can get him up and running.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]