VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2019 12:05:26 -0700
Hi All,,

I think my real question is this:

Does anyone know of a USB keyboard that is relatively small (i.e.,
smaller than the one that sits in front of your desktop computer) and
has alt and ctrl keys on both sides of the space bar?

If you're interested in following my tortured line of thought ...

I've been using my pocket PC for the small amount of computer stuff I do
at work. I like it for tasks that mostly involve typing, like drafting a
document or responding to email. but when it comes to things that
involve lots of shortcut commands or more advanced screen reader
functions, like when I'm editing or filling out forms, I miss the alt
and ctrl keys to the right of the space bar, and I find that plugging in
a standard keyboard makes Ana much quicker and more productive. Needless
to say, the convenience and portability of the pocket PC is
significantly reduced by my having to hall out a big standard keyboard,
so I thought about buying something a Little bigger that has a keyboard
with two alt and two ctrl keys.

I'm half thinking about buying a Surface Go with the official keyboard.
If anyone has one, I'd like your thoughts in general, and I'd especially
like your thoughts about the keyboard.

* Does it have ctrl and alt keys on both sides of the space bar?

* Where are the arrow keys?

* where are insert and delete?

* Any good things or challenges to be aware of about the keyboard or
about the Surface Go itself?

The thing that makes me hesitate about the Surface Go is that the specs
and battery life are roughly comparable to my pocket PC, so I'd
essentially be spending a lot of money for a new keyboard. The wiser
course of action would be to just find the right keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]