VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:22:01 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for assistance on the printer driver. Don Breda has
posted some excellent instructions on how to install the generic-text only
printer in Windows 10. I will post them below just in case they didn't post
to all the lists I sent my original message to.

Do not click on add a device, instead click on add a printer.

Click netx then click the printer I want is not in the list.

After that, Click on install a local or network pritner with manual
settings.

Now select the USB port and click next.

Now in the left hand column on the screen select generic as the
manufacturer.

In the right hand column select Generic text only as the model.

Click next  and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

After that open dbt.

Click on the global menj.

Go to embosser setup.

Click modify embosser.

Set the output options to "send to printer" and highlight generic text only
in the printer list and click ok.

After  checking  the additional settings such as paper size etc. click ok.

Create a new document  and test it out.

It should work providing you selected the correct USB port durring driver
installation.

Don.