VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 May 2016 19:38:04 -0700
Hi All,

In a nutshell, I've got a missing conversation in one of my inboxes in
thunderbird. The messages appear when I run a search, but not when I
arrow through the inbox or other folders, including Archive and Trash.
How do I get my messages back?

the long version of the problem is this:

I was reading messages in the inbox for one of my accounts. for this
account, messages are * not * grouped in conversations. After I read a
message, I pressed escape to return to the list of messages. Then I
decided to be clever and jump to the next unread mesage. The shortcuts
for next and previous unread message are N and P, but I didn't remember
this at the time. I thought it was J or K or possibly ctrl+j or ctrl+k,
so I pressed one or more of these keys. Then I got a warning about
future messages in the conversation being ignored, and all the messages
in the exchange between this person and me disappeared.

That was very much a bad thing since the messages are work related. I
hit J, ctrl+j, k, and ctrl+k to try to undo what I'd done. At one point,
I got a dialog to unjunk the messages, so I did, but the messages are
still gone from the inbox, archive, and trash.

Since the messages are coming up when I search, they've got to be
somewhere on my computer. I've checked a couple of submenus in the view
menu, but everything seems fine in terms of viewing all messages.

any ideas?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]