VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2022 22:40:53 +0000
Glad you love sleep mode Harry. It's also called suspend. It's also not new. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on laptops for around 20 years now.

You may need to set it up first. For example, the Dell laptop I just got from my employer doesn't have suspend or sleep as an option, but I haven't gotten around to Googling on how to get it set up on my new system. I know it can be done, because I've done it before, I just need the time to do the looking around.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by alt+f4. For me that closes the application I'm currently in. I usually go to the power option off my start button to shutdown, restart or suspend.

Finally, I don't worry about sleep and updates. The updates will be downloaded when you use your computer, and if they don't get updated overnight because your machine is sleeping or powered down, you could always apply them manually. I'll be curious to know if your computer will actually wake up out of sleep mode to install an update though.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook