VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:26:35 -0700
Hi.  I've never downloaded Open Book, but from my experience with other
programs of different genres, I would say that Open Book leaves a trace of
itself on the system after the program is deleted.  You may want to try
removing this "ghost" from your "Add/remove" list before attempting to
reinstall the program.  If that doesn't work, use the search function
function on your computer to find all of the Open Book files and delete them
that way (Hint:  if you type the term Open Book into your computer's search
edit box, it will find all files and folders wither _either name attached;
therefore, you should check the properties of all results before deleting).
I hope this helps, and if I've got anything wrong, I'm sure other list
members will be quick to respond.

Take care.

Ted Chittenden