VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:41:51 -0700
Kelly,

Right now the college gives the tests in braille, large print or audio
tape depending on what the test taker wants.  Even if these tests were
accessible, I do wonder how much of a problem taking them with a screen
reader would be.  Unless the test taker were very familiar with a screen
reader I'd have serious concerns.

What concerns me is how are tests going to be administered in the future.
If those using a computerized test only answer so many questions based on
performance what will be done about people taking the tests using
alternative formats?  The system my college uses right now doesn't quit
until all the questions have been answered.