VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:56:59 -0400
gee, I found a lot of truth in this message and now, you have to delete it
again.

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Christopher J Chaltain wrote:

_This is a multipart message in MIME format.
_--=_alternative 007B221A862568C9_=
_
_To the moderators of this list,
_
_Isn't this a moderated mailing list?  If so, I would think the following
_note wouldn't have been distributed to the list.  It doesn't add anything
_to the merits or short comings of descriptive video.  On the contrary, it
_serves no purpose but to stifle debate on this issue and promote
_hostility.  I'd like the moderator(s) of this list to keep this Spam from
_my incoming mail.  I enjoy the information and announcements I receive
_from this list, but I don't have the time or energy to deal with this kind
_of politics and hypocrisy.
_
_Christopher
_
_Christopher J Chaltain
_----- Forwarded by Christopher Chaltain/Austin/IBM on 04/22/00 04:00 PM
_-----
_
_Bill Gallik <[log in to unmask]>
_Sent by: "VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List"
_04/21/00 11:52 AM
_Please respond to Bill Gallik
_
_        To:        [log in to unmask]
_        cc:
_        Subject:        Re: edu: NFB Comments to FCC on Video Description
_
_
_If any of you in this list server group are members of NFB would please
_tell your brass hats to stop pretending that  they represent the
_majority
_of blind people.  I myself experimented with NFB and I found the
_organization obnoxious and
_very intolerant of opposing opinions.  If they (the NFB) are so
_presumptuous to
_speak for myself or my friends they will find themselves in
_court with a lawsuit.
_
_They are quite welcome to their own opinion, but they should proclaim it
_as their own opinion and not
_be so presumptuous as to speak for the majority of blind persons.
_
_
_
_William Gallik
_
_And let me warn NFB members right now that if I start getting "hate
_mail" from any
_of them I do have the means to retaliate.
_
_Bill Gallik
_