VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:03:10 -0600
From: Steven Clark <[log in to unmask]
Date: February 25, 2012 12:01:27 PM CST
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: [real-eyes] News From Code Factory

I saw this on blindbargains.com and thought I'd forward it for
everyone.
Steve

For another year Code Factory has been one of the key players in
the
accessibility industry, and expects innovation and creativity to
continue and grow in 2012.  “To make technology accessible for
our users,
we have always strived for the best, and will continue to do
so,” says
Eduard Sánchez, CEO of Code Factory.  “The fact that our
products are
offered free of charge through companies such as Nokia and AT&T,
and
will soon be offered by Sprint, shows that we are on the right
track to
provide an enormous range of products for mobile devices and
platforms
and that the barriers for customers to get started from an
economical
point of view are getting eliminated.  For us, this is a huge
step
forward into a future that brings free accessibility for
everyone.”
This year’s product highlights:

•    Code Factory’s Mobile Accessibility will be featured in
many
presentations and new launches all throughout CSUN.
-    First demos of  version 1.9 of Mobile Accessibility which
finally
provides Braille support for Android and which should be launched
before
the end of March on the Android market
-    Sprint plans to offer free English and Spanish versions of
Mobile
Accessibility under the names “Wireless Accessibility EN” and
“Wireless
Accessibility ES” to both postpaid and no-contract customers
through the
Android Market starting this quarter.
-    National Braille Press will demo its Android-based notetaker
B2G
(Braille to go) with Braille and speech UI powered by Code
Factory’s
Mobile Accessibility (please see presentation:   “A Tech Update
on RBDs
Faster than Neutrinos” (BLV-054) on March 2nd at Edward CF on
2nd floor)

•    Symbian Belle has been made accessible with Mobile Speak
V5.7 which
was launched just before Christmas 2011.  This is a free upgrade
for
existing customers and includes Symbian Belle accessibility and
enhanced
support for all other devices.

•    Nokia, in collaboration with Code Factory, releases Nokia
Screen
Reader: Nokia has introduced this free screen reader supporting
the
C5-00, C5 5MP, 700, and 701.  It is already available for
download on the
Nokia store.

Make sure that you don’t miss our presentation on Wednesday,
29th of
February 2012 at 3.10pm PST: “Android and Accessibility”,
Session ID
BLV-080 at the Edward CF on the 2nd Floor.

Find Melanie and Ferran for a demo of Mobile Accessibility with
Braille
support at our partner’s booths:

Wednesday, 29th of February 2012:
-    4:30 pm: HIMS, Inc., Booth 805

Thursday, 1st of March 2012:
-    10 am: BAUM Retec AG, Booths 426 & 428
-    11 am: Optelec U.S.  Inc, Booth 205
-    2 pm: HumanWare , Booth 213

To subscribe or to leave the list, or to set other subscription
options, go to www.freelists.org/list/real-eyes

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]