VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:49:33 -0600
In Outlook 2000 saving items in the address book was really tricky for
the blind user.  I don't know if this was improved in XP though.  Outlook
Express offers a few features that Eudora doesn't have, but both are
highly accessible.  For example, OE can group messages by thread, like in
a newsgroup, which Microsoft calls grouping by conversation.  Outlook
also offers this.  The benefit is when one is on a high traffic mailing
list.  The program can be configured so that columns can appear in the
order the end user wishes, so the subject can be first.  This means that
all messages on the same topic can be grouped together, increasing the
productivity of the user.  OE also allows the user to split a big message
into messages of smaller sizes to be re-assembled by a receiving OE user.
OE doesn't have bouncing, which Outlook and Eudora have.  FS has done a
good job in increasing access to OE, including direct access to all items
in the header field and labels for graphics and icons.  Eudora doesn't
have this level of support from FS, although it is available from third
parties.

Really though this question reminds me of the pissing contests some guys
have in the alley behind the bar.  Eudora and OE are quite comparable.
Install both on your system, have a couple adult beverages, run JAWS, and
then see how silly this question kind of is.

Kelly