VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:17:34 -0800
Thanks to everyone for your help. Generally speaking, my transition to
Windows 7 has been a smooth one, but there are a couple of things that
throw me. The business of where/how to find files and folders is one
example. Most of the time, I don't have a problem with this, but every
once in a while, something goes wrong, so your suggestions were all very
welcome. What I finally did to resolve my problem was this:

I created a folder in My Documents. Someone pointed out that I needed to
press enter on Save. This was useful information. I don't always get a
Save option when creating new folders, so that's one of the Windows 7
mysteries I'll add to my list. After the folder was created, I made sure
I was able to find it.

Then I pressed the Start key, typed the name of the files I needed, and
used ctrl+x to move them from the list of results to the new folder I
created.

A few hours later, while using the Humanware Companion to transfer files
to the Victor Stream, I found the original folder I'd created. It
happened while I was browsing to the place from which I wanted to get
some text files. The folder was empty, so I really did move the files
with the ctrl+x command, and when I finished working with the Humanware
Companion, I used explorer to find and delete the original folder.

Thanks again.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]