VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:25:08 +0100
Hi all,

For those of you not frequently visiting the Screen Magnifiers Homepage,
there is a new release of ZoomText Xtra level 2 vesion 6.1.
Version 6.1 includes:
- Improved screen reading;
- Foreign language support;
- Built-in software speech synthesizers for
  French, German, Italian and Spanish.

You can define a default language and switch quickly to another language by
using a hotkey.

A free 30 days trial version is available for downloading at the Screen
Magnifiers Homepage.

I am developing this site on a volunteerly base and I try to solve the lack
of information for people with low vision on the Internet.
In the near future a FAQ on screen magnification will come and more reviews
will be available.
I'm visualy impaired myself and I hope we can share our experience with
computers, screen magnifiers and other accessibility subjects.
If you visit the screen magnifiers homepage, don't forget to read and sign
my guestbook and share information with others.

You can find the screen magnifiers homepage at:
http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe (frames version)
http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe/main2.html (no frames version)

The Screen Magnifiers News is at:
http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe/new.html

The download page is at:
http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe/download.html

The download page contains demos of professional screen magnifiers like
LP-DOS, LUNAR, MAGIC, MAGNUM, INLARGE and ZoomText Xtra and a lot of SHARE-
and FREEWARE screen magnifiers for Windows 3.1x, 95, NT and Macintosh.
You also find alternative mouse pointers and screen review utilities there.

Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe
Name         : Peter Verhoeven
Department   : R-IS