VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:26:57 -0700
Blogspot is fairly accessible and it's easy once you get the hang of it. You
can even send your posts in by writing to a special email account. I'll
explain both:

As far as posting in the usual way, I write the post in word and paste it
into the new post edit field. These are the steps I follow with Jaws 11, XP,
and IE 8:

1. Open the blog as if you were a visitor.

2. Find the Sign In link and press enter.

3. Sign in if you need to, checking the Stay Signed In box so you don't have
to sign in every time.

4. Find the Edit post link and press enter.

5. find the New Post link and press enter.

6. Find the title edit field, go into forms mode, and type the title of your
post.

I'm going to pause here to explain something about the contents of the page
you're on at this point. I know Jaws and WE sometimes organize information
differently, so I'm not sure how this translates.

With Jaws, I arrow down from the Title edit field to find two links: Compose
and Edit HTML. If I keep arrowing down, I eventually find the edit field
where I type the body of the post and down lower is an edit field for the
label/category/tag, which is optional, and below that a little farther is
the Publish Post button. These are the important things. Everything else is
blah-blah.

7. Find the Edit HTML link and press enter on it. The page doesn't change,
but doing this makes working with the post edit field much easier.

8. Find the post edit field, go into forms mode, and paste your content. You
should be able to arrow around and edit if you need to.

9. If you want to add a label (e.g., training, dog care, public relations,
humor), find the Label edit field, go into forms mode, and type one.

10. find the Publish Post button and press enter. After a second or two, you
will hear that your blog post published successfully.

11. Find the View Post heading/link and press enter on it to read your post.

As far as emailing the posts, I'll give you the short version of how to set
this up. Here's a link for more details:

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?answer=41452

1. Open your blog as if you were a visitor.

2. find the Sign In link and press enter.

3. Sign in if you need to, checking the Stay Signed In box to avoiding
having to do that every time.

4. Find the Settings link and press enter.

5. Find the Email and Mobile link and press enter.

6. Fill out the form on the new page.

Basically, type a secret word that gets incorporated into your email
address, and check a box for publishing posts immediately. I don't remember
if there's anything else.

After that, just email your post to that address. The subject line is the
title of your post. You can even attach a picture.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]