VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 20:23:29 -0700
Hi All,

I've been using Zoom at work a lot lately, sometimes with Narrator,
Sometimes with NVDA, depending on what else I'm doing during the session.

What I notice is that NVDA doesn't announce some of the chat
information. For example, when I log into a Zoom session, I'm usually
put into a waiting room. Sometimes the host asks me to identify myself.
With NVDA, I don't hear that information; in fact, I didn't know that
was happening until a sighted colleague pointed it out. Once I'm in the
meeting, I'm sent to a breakout room. Sometimes NVDA announces that I'm
being prompted to join the breakout room; more often, it doesn't, so I
tab around to find the Join button. Then whether in the main meeting or
breakout room, Other chats are being sent to the group, like "X is ready
so let's do Y next," but with NVDA, I rarely hear any of that. Since
it's pretty distracting and overwhelming, I mostly don't mind, but then
again, sometimes the chats involve me, so I really should know.

Is what I'm describing an NVDA bug, or is there a setting I can adjust
to hear more of the chats.

The versions of Zoom and NVDA are current, but Windows 10 is 1809 if
that matters.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at