VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:31:35 -0700
Hello Blaine, and all,

I've always been an 'in your face' kind of guy
myself, even when I try to be otherwise, I've
found. Yes, there is power in numbers, definitely.
But there is also, as has been shown over and over
again throughout history, power in one voice, by
itself, in the right moments. We look back and
say, "Ah, but each of those were the 'right
moments.'" But each instance we can look back on,
was not the right moment until the speaker chose
to speak out and become a part of histiry, rather
than remain inconspicuous, merely watching history
be made by others.

Change is inevitable. Question is, will you make
the changes that affect your life? Or will you
continue letting others plot out your life's
course? Change is happening every day. Make it a
point, starting now, to influence those changes.

Here are 3 resources (again) to help you --

Contact Your Elected Officials
Contact Elected Officials -- Locate e-mail and
mailing addresses, phone numbers, and more. Call,
e-mail, or mail your U.S. state and federal
elected officials and government agencies
www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

U.S. Senate: Senators Home
Senators of the 113th Congress
www.senate.gov/

The Library of Congress THOMAS site provides a
collection of ... Senate Home Page · Cabinet
Nominations · Committee Home Pages ...
Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress: 1774
to Present ...
http://thomas.loc.gov

Strive On!
Everett