VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:39:54 -0700
Hi all.  This is a question posed by someone I know.  Any assistance will be
greatly appreciated.

Thx, Albert

Hello everyone,

This is a bit of a technical question, but it's worth a shot.

I have a brand new Juliet Classic embosser, and am trying to set it up
alongside Duxbury 10.3 in Windows XP, using the USB port connection.  I have
followed the setup instructions included with the embosser, and configured
Duxbury to use the 'Windows Device' for the printer (on a USB port).  I have
the margins setup now (left 4/right 34 on the embosser, and a 30-cell line
in Duxbury), and that much seems to be fine.

However, I've tried it on two different computers, and I keep running into
the same problem.  The embosser will typically print the first page
properly, but then half way through the second page, it'll beep once, go
offline, form feed to the top of the next page, and stop dead with the
"dirge" error alarm.  Hitting online will get it to print another two lines
or so, at which point it errors out again and just stops dead.

Other than the margins (and the instructions about "inserting Control+D into
the ignore table" in the setup directions), the Menu 3 setup (for USB) is as
it was from the factory.

Is there a step somewhere I've missed?

Take care,
Anthony