VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:26:26 -0500
        Hi everyone,

I have a question.  I have never had an infected file on my computer before
now so this is new to me as to how to deal with it.  I have norton
antivirus.  I scanned my computer and I had one infected file.  I chose to
delete it, but I do not know if I should have because I do not know if it
was something very important to the computer.  I had some difficulty
reading the dialog box, but it was saying something about gettting an
uninfected copy of the file, but since it was difficult to read I couldn't
figure it all out.
The file was called:

c:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\TEST.OCX

I tried to look it up on the internet and couldn't figure out what it was
all about.  It seems to have something to do with activex controls
possibly.  If anyone can tell me whether or not I deleted something
important I would really appreciate it.  Thank you very much.

Lisa