VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:18:49 -0400
Well, every anti-virus program or want to be program I've had has scanned
at least once a week.  PC-Cilin even, that claimed to be anti-spyware and
anti-virus all wrapped up in one package scanned once a week, and AVG has
always scanned daily until I changed it a few weeks ago.

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Mike Pietruk wrote:

> Jeff
>
> Once a week is more than enough.  Actually, a good antivirus package
> should never need to be run after the initial scan after an install if it
> is kept up to date.
> Why.  Because if it is doing its job, there never should be any reason to
> do a scan.
>
> I run it daily on one of my pcs -- not because it is needed but as it
> helps keep the machine alive during some early morning recording.
>
> For the record, I use Norton Security Suite 2006 which includes the
> antivirus package.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]