VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:31:46 -0700
Hi all,

Interestingly enough, I got for Christmas, a
(nearly) full-size keyboard that connects to my
iPHone via Bluetooth. I'm going to try it out with
Evernote to see if I can then use my iPHone as a
word processor with any real productivity. Because
I absolutely despise text-typing with 1 finger.
It's a ludicrous way to type. Virtual keyboards
beat hitting the same button 3 times to get 1
letter, but they still both stink for typing in
any length, if you ask me.

I may be wrong, but I took the comment from Kim
Komando as meaning that 2013 may be the last year
any desktips will be manufactured, and that we've
reached a point where they are not worth being
made any longer, due to changing technology? Of
course we'd still be using them at home or work in
many places for a few more years, but does anyone
know if they're still going to continue
manufacturing them? Just my thought on the
comment, anyway. ;-)

Strive On!
Everett