VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:56:23 -0700
Of course we've heard rumors about this sort of thig being just around the
corner before, but it's interesting that it's coming up right now, when
Braillestar has just been put out by Humanwqare/PulseData.  It is a portable
display, which means you can now download data to it and take it away with
you; but it costs six thousand dollars for the forty-cell unit.  In spite of
the expense i was truly tempted for the first time to purchase a braille
display.  Now i wonder if I should wait; I wonder if the new display, when
it appears, will have a portable version.  BTW you can go right to
http://www.humanware.com and there's a link to a description of Braillestar
that I think many will find intriguing.

Ilene