VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:00:16 -0500
Hi all,

Using windows 10, creators edition, 1709, and jaws 18.

Well, now that I've got the computer to be able to come out of sleep
mode without making me sign in, (and I'm thrilled about that), now, it
will *NOT* stay asleep! When I pulled out my thumb drive, it woke up.

Then, when I put it back to sleep, it came on by itself, I did nothing
to turn it on.

I did find a heck of a great article though, about unchecking things
that can wake up your computer.

My computer guy, Rick, told me he had this problem, but that was about 2
years ago.

Here's the link to the article if anyone wants to read it.

He does give a caution in here, saying, "warning, if you turn everything
off from waking up your computer out of sleep mode, you will no longer
be able to wake up your computer at all, using any device in device
manager."

I'm a bit afraid, I of course, want to be able to use my keyboard to
wake it up, so I would never uncheck the keyboard from waking it up, but
in device manager, there are all kinds of things there, jaws, all kinds
of USB hubs, printer things, network things of all kinds, and even more
things I cannot remember now.

So, anyway, that link for the article is

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stop-windows-computer-randomly-waking

Harry, finally heading for bed

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]