VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:55:56 -0700
Hi, Karyl --

I am subscribed to many lists myself, and most of them are set up so that,
when a reply is sent, it is sent to the entire list.

I have responded to quite a few messages on this list, assuming (quite
incorrectly), that my message was going out to the entire list.  Instead,
it was sent only to the author of the original message.  By the time I
figured out what was going on, my response would no longer have been
timely, and, quite frankly, I no longer had the desire to find my reply in
my "Sent Items" folder, then find the original message, and send the whole
thing out again.

It would, indeed, be much easier, and the list would be far more valuable,
if we were ever able to see some of the solutions to the problems being
presented here.  But I've been thinking of just unsubscribing to this list,
as it seems like a place where everyone has problems, but, as far as the

So, while this list has tremendous potential to help so many people, only
those asking the questions, ever benefit from it.

That's my impression of what otherwise could be one of the best lists to
which I currently subscribe.

-- George