VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:19:54 -0500
Hmmm. I wonder if the volume changes your brother reports is caused by
the feature known as audio ducking, where the Mac and now iOs devices
raise the volume of the speech during the playback of other audio. I
doubt this is the issue but, if it is, he can disable audio ducking. I
can't remember where it is but it's somewhere in the VoiceOver utility,
which you can get to from ctrl-option-f8.
Regarding pitch changes, I'm wondering what his inflection rate is set
for. If you have Alex set for a high level of inflection or intonation
as it's officially called, this can occur. Try lowering intonation to
around 80 or less and see if that helps.

Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

Visit my blog
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

         David Goldfield,
        Founder and Peer Coordinator

    Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
To learn more about the users' group, visit
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/updated-faqphiladelphia-computer-users-group-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/