VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:12:20 -0400
Howdy, Folks!
Is anyone familiar with the Tektronix printer that Mr. Robert Jaquiss at NFB is in the process of evaluating for its production of braille and tactile graphics?  We completed a survey for him a few months ago regarding this printer, which appeared to have promise.  I e-mailed him to ask about the printer, but haven't heard from him yet and thought someone on this list might be familiar with the Tektronix printer.  I know that Xerox manufactures Tektronix printers, but I called them and they weren't aware of a model that could produce braille.
Our Resource Center is interested in purchasing equipment for alternate media production sites across the state.  We'd appreciate anyone's suggestions and information about the Tektronix printer (and other printers and embossers, etc.) including manufacturer, price, cartridge availability, technical support and maintenance.  Any suggestions you can provide regarding various types of equipment that might be used in the production of braille, tactile graphics, large print and auditory media for students with visual impairments would be greatly appreciated!
- Judi Piscitello, TVI, COMS
Assistant, Training of Special Educators
NYS Resource Center for Visually Impaired
2A Richmond Avenue
Batavia, NY 14020
(716) 343-8100 ext. 427
FAX (716) 343-3711