VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:09:41 -0400
The King James Bible is marked up to three levels.

Level 1 is old and new Testaments
Level 2 is the books of the Bible
Level 3 is chapters

Something to think about: How long it would take the production folks to
mark up this book to the verse.  We would still be waiting for the book to
get out of production.

If using the NLS digital player you may want to use the advanced player with
the navigation menu, otherwise you will be spending your time wit the fast
forward and rewind keys on the standard player.

Other third party players such as HumanWare V R Stream work fine.

None of the NLS books from the BARD site can be listened to on ones
computer.

Download stats for the KJV from my computer:

File size:  829 MB
Top download speed 422KB
Length of time for download 34 minutes and 20 seconds
Length of playing time for audio 79 hours 2 minutes

I am using an HP computer, with VISTA 64 bit with a Comcast high speed
connection.

Sound quality is superb.

Of the three post I have read on this topic I hope I have included enough
information to answer all of your questions.