VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:55:53 +0200
BlankListers, Hi!

    I feel I had to share this with everybody. Here's an article I'm sure
most has experienced on their computers with the problems caused with pop-up
adds on the Internet. Software is now available to prevent these gremlins
from digging into your private documents, trashing up
the unit system causing loss of written material. It couldn't have been said
any better then this editor of this article has said it;

GET OFF MY COMPUTER

Hello and welcome back to another edition of the Way Weird Ezine. Before I
start with today's edition, I just want to apologize that this issue didn't
come
out on Tuesday as scheduled. I was out on assignment, so I had to use a
non-network computer. So, I had the story and interviews written, and all I
wanted
to do was go online, and email the edition to the editors at Way Weird.
Well, as soon as the computer turns on, a damn pop-up jumps in front of my
face
and then another pop-up jumps in front of that, and then another pop-up, and
then the computer just freezes and dies on me. Those pop-ups caused the
computer
to shut down, which kept me from getting this issue out to you.

A "pop-up" is a form of advertising that companies utilize in order to force
a consumer to see their product. If I want to watch commercials, I'll turn
on the TV. When I'm surfing the Internet I don't want to be forced to see a
pop-up ad....and worse is that these pop-up bastards cause computers to
generate
errors and forces the computer users to re-start their computers just so
they can continue. I also learned that some pop-up companies use their
pop-ups
to spy on your computer...it's just scary, and annoying.

Here's the deal advertisers, if I want to buy your products I'll visit your
sites, don't force me to visit your site, and keep your pop-ups off my
computer.

I apologize to the readers for my venting, but I'm just irritated.

I did come across a company that offers a solution to eliminate pop-ups, and
I installed it on my home computer on Wednesday, and it actually works. The
coolest part about this "pop-up Killer" is that it makes a gun shot type
noise whenever a pop-up tries to load, and it cyber-murders the pop-up. So
all you advertisers out there, you won't be forcing me to look at your Adds
any longer. I spoke to the company that developed this pop-up killer
software,
and thanked them personally, and they offered to lower their rate from
$49.95 to $24.95 for the Way Weird audience if I placed their link in the
Way Weird
newsletter. Click here if you want your Internet freedom back:
http:    //www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/nopop123/b.asp?id=1252

And no, I don't get paid for mentioning this pop-up killer to you. It's just
something that I now have to use to keep my computer safe from being bugged
by pop-up advertisements.